of server room air conditioning replacement for Gregory Wildman
air conditioning and refrigeration limited has completed a small
replacement server room air conditioning unit for Gregory Wildman
Accountants in Wilden, Bedfordshire. The existing Daikin wall mounted
air conditioning unit had failed due to old age, it was installed in
2003 and had been working continuously since installation. Daikin Air
conditioning is renowned for long reliable life and are ideal for server
rooms and coms rooms were a failure can mean the complete shut down of
an entire business. The original Daikin air conditioning unit was on
R407C refrigerant and was on of the first inverter models for use in the
UK on R407C. The new unit is a energy efficient inverter system which
has a high COP and modulated inverter compressor which can save up to
40% on server room air conditioning that will run 24 hours / 7 days a
What air conditioning unit was installed in FibreFab:
1 x Daikin Air Conditioning ATX25JV Wall Mounted
Inverter Heat Pump (2.5 Kw / 9000 Btu) 240V~50hZ units
which provided enough cooling for the 4 meter square area in the server
room. These units have a COP 3.65 initial input which means that every
1000w of electrical energy going in produces 3650 watts of cooling. 3
times more efficient than a direct electric heater.
Server room air conditioning
efficiency and CO2 emissions:
This air conditioning system took around 20 minutes to cool fully
the server room area to 18 DegC which was initially sitting at 28 DegC,
but once cool the outdoor inverter units slowed down because the
temperature had been reached therefore just pumping small amounts
of cooling in to maintain the server room.
Room Heat Load Summery:
Server room efficiency: 85%
Total power of servers: 1000 Watts
Total heat loss: 150 Watts@85%
Room in Square Meters: 460 Watts
Total Heat Load: 610 Watts
points to think about when getting air conditioning for server rooms
Use inverter air conditioning as it will save energy in the
· Cheap air conditioning units do not work in cold weather because they do not have a outside fan speed controller (low ambient kit)
· Use a established brand so if a part fails on you Server room air conditioning you are not waiting 8 weeks for a part.
· Sometimes it is worth having two server room air conditioning units because if one fails you still have some cooling.
· To establish the heat load of you servers add up all the power supplies of your servers rack and assume a 40% loss to heat. i.e- If you have 10 servers with 400watt power supply the total watts will be 4000 watts. assuming a 40% loss the heat load will be 1600 watts.
· Work on a average watts per/Msq of 125watts, so if you server room is 5 x 5 meters you will require a base of 3.5kw/12000btu + the heat load.
· Advised manufactures for server room air conditioning Mitsubishi, Daikin, Fujitsu, Sanyo.
· Always use auto-restart units for server room air conditioning units as power failures can shut budget air conditioning down.
· If your server room is temporary (ie short term lease on building) or has building restrictions then portable air conditioning maybe your only option.
· If using portable air conditioning for your server room then make sure it recycles the water for better cooling performance of that it has a integral condensate pump.
· Use a established business who will not be going out of business for your server room air conditioning installation as the warranty of the air conditioning is with the supplier not the manufacturer.
offer a complete service to IT Managers, Building Managers and Server
Room / Computer / COMS room managers. Call us for a comprehensive
quotation on varied air conditioning manufactures to suit any
budget on new installations. We have worked with many Blue-chip
organisations in helping them develop their server room air
Sales Installation and Service
UK: +44 (0)1234 841221
Orion air conditioning and refrigeration limited is a United Kingdom based distributor of environmental products including air conditioning, heat pumps, electric space heaters, gas space heaters, oil space heaters, air exchange units, dehumidifiers and refrigeration equipment.
Residential, commercial and industrial heaters. Portable and fixed space heaters with something for everyone from the 500W to 100kw. We have one of the most extensive heater selections from patio heaters, fire places, propane heaters, oil filled radiators, fan heaters, oil heaters, gas heaters and infrared.
mounted air conditioning is the most popular type of air conditioning
system. Versatile and easy to install, most wall air conditioning units
have a filter which destroys funghi, collects duct in the air, bacteria
and viruses which provides healthy clean air for the occupants. Modern
wall air conditioning units have Innovative inverter
compressor designs and the ozone friendly R410A and R32
refrigerants combined with low noise air movement fan arrangement. The
result is a quiet, high performance cooling and heating system,
with advanced electronic controls for maximum comfort, controllable and
The Olympus Appliances JetHeat series of portable commercial / industrial electric fan heaters are designed for use in workshops, schools, warehouses, nurseries, showrooms, storage rooms, construction sites and containers. This series is made to a high standard and features a 3Kw / 240V and 9Kw / 415V, 15Kw / 415V and the largest 30Kw in 3 phase 415V format.
Designed to give the greatest possible safety, performance and reliability even in the most demanding industrial and commercial applications. Housed within the high-grade steel bodies and sickle bladed fans, designed to maximise airflow and pressure, which are driven by aluminium motors that keep weight to a minimum. Ideal for ventilation, extraction and fresh air supply as well as dust and fume extraction. Available in standard and explosion proof 110V and 240V~50Hz.
Projects And Tendering:
Orion air conditioning and refrigeration offer an UK installation, service and maintenance on Industrial, commercial refrigeration and air conditioning. Spare parts supply on Bitzer, Copeland, Prescold, Carrier, Carlyle, Dorin, Prescold, Frascold, Gram, Grasso, Hubbard, Maneurop, Trane and Sabroe.
Air conditioning and refrigeration spare parts from all the manufacturers including fan blades, thermistor probes, compressors, scroll compressor, Inverter compressor, swing compressor, Inverter Pcb, printed circuit boards, air filters, fan motors, thermisters, drain pumps, remote controls, expansion valve, condensor coil, solenoid valve, crankcase heater, electronic thermostat, float switch, magnetic contactor, capacitor, high pressure switch, low pressure switches and PCB's, PWB's.
Sales Installation and Service
UK: +44 (0)1234 841221
Orion Air conditioning and refrigeration ltd. All rights reserved Created@2005
Last updated - 14/03/2019