Small wind turbine designers and manufacturers
- manufacture the two blade, tailless, downwind Aerostar 6 Meter Wind
Turbine. Based in Westport Point, Massachusetts.
- design and manufacture helical aeroturbines that can be mounted on
existing buildings - vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Based in
- the Californian company, better known for its unmanned aircraft
technologies, has developed a small, modular Architectural Wind turbine
system designed for installation on buildings in urban and suburban areas.
- design, build, specify and supply products for use in a variety of
applications, all powered by wind, water and sun. Based in Berkshire.
- a major US supplier of small wind turbines, with installations in many
countries and an international network of dealers.
BroadStar Wind Systems
- designed the AeroCam with multiple parallel rotor blades and a
horizontal axis, for urban high-rise buildings and commercial rooftops.
Based in Dallas, Texas.
- develop and manufacture a 3.5kW VAWT, primarily for the urban environment.
Established in 2002 and based in Ontario, Canada.
Eclectic Energy Limited
- design and manufacture the DuoGen, a dual wind and water generator for
yachts, as well as the StealthGen urban wind turbine. Based in Edwinstowe,
Nottinghamshire, since 1999.
- developing a series of Urban Turbines, innovative wind turbines for built
up areas. www.urbanturbines.com
- manufacture MagWind VAWTs that use magnetic levitation to reduce friction.
Based in Ontario, Canada.
- develop and produce small to medium sized wind turbines, 6 to 300kW.
Formed in 2001, based in Nice, France.
Evance Wind Turbines
- (formerly Iskra Wind Turbines) of Loughborough, Leicestershire,
manufactures the R9000 5kW small wind turbine.
Fortis Wind Energy
- manufacture small wind turbines, from 1400W to 10 kW. The Passaat and
Montana are marketed for mounting on suitable flat roofs. Head office is in
- domestic wind turbine manufacturer, with grid tied solutions, and DIY
installations. Based in the UK, a subsidiary of Special EFX Ltd.
- market Energy Ball HAWTs that works on the Venturi effect. Part of
Wind & Water Technology, since 2006, and based in southern Netherlands.
Kestrel Wind Turbines
- the only manufacturer of micro wind turbines in South Africa, with
four models - 600W, 800W, 1kW and 3kW. Founded in 1999, based in Port
- manufacture Windspire, a 30 feet tall, 2 feet radius, VAWT designed
for urban, suburban and rural locations. Founded in 2005 and based in Reno,
- formed in 1979 and originally based on the Rutland Windcharger. Based in
Corby, Northants. www.marlec.co.uk
Marquiss Wind Power
- manufacture Aeropoint ducted wind turbines specifically for use on
commercial and industrial buildings. Founded in August 2006, based in
McKenzie Bay International Ltd
- their WindStor system is designed to generate and distribute electricity
at urban and off-grid locations from their WindStor VAWT and System
Integrator. Based in Michigan, USA.
- a renewable energy consultancy with offices in Northumberland and
Sheffield. They undertake feasibility studies, research and practical
- the Californian company produce a range of VAWTs, from the 500w
Seahawk to the 10kw DELTA II.
Proven Energy Ltd
- a family owned business based in Stewarton in south-west Scotland
which manufactures and installs wind turbines and pv panels.
- produce the qr5 vertical-axis helical turbine, designed with the urban
environment in mind, and have several other models in development. Based in
Islington, London, with turbine manufacturing and assembly in Wales.
- manufacture the MiniWind range of domestic turbines and supply component
parts to other manufacturers. Based in Eyemouth, South East Scotland.
Devices (Swift Turbines)
developed the Swift Rooftop Wind Energy System™, a building-mountable wind
Samrey Wind Turbines
design, manufacture and specify small wind turbines and renewable energy
systems. Their Wren, Mistral and Merlin turbines are all manufactured in the
UK from proprietary UK components.
design and manufacture the WindBuster 5kW VAWT in the UK. Established in
2008 and based near the New Forest National Park.
the world’s largest small wind manufacturer produces the Skystream, AIR
and Whisper small wind turbines, in Arizona.
Segen is a Skystream
distributor in the UK.
- a Dutch VAWT especially designed for built up areas and for roof tops on
high buildings. www.turby.nl
Urban Green Energy
- the US company has manufactured wind turbines since 2008, in China and
South Korea. Now offering 300W, 1kW, and 4kW VAWTs.
Wind Energy Solutions
- manufacture the WES5 Tulipo, a 2.5 kW Dutch wind turbine especially
designed for use in urban environments.
- formed in 2002 to develop a commercial and domestic small wind turbine
system using low wind speeds, the company went into liquidation on 4
September 2009 - more details
- the father and daughter team, based near Toronto, Canada,
produce three standard Windancer models, mainly made from recyclable
aluminium and steel, and larger turbines to order.
- produce a range of eight vertical wind turbines, all based on sailing
engineering principles, with different models to suit different wind speeds.
Turbines produced in central Finland, since 1979.
- produce a Darrieus turbine with a horizontal axis, developed specifically
for deployment in built-up areas.